Thanks to a lovely blog I read, for reminding me of of my livejournal meme roots. Everyone loves a good old-school survey. If not to read, then to fill out. I’d love to know other people’s answers even if you don’t care about mine :-)
Five things that 2009 taught me:: (1) Spending $$ out of your means is a bad idea (2) Being married is a lot of work (3) College degrees don’t get you a job very quickly like I thought (4) Worthless people will never change (5) It’s important to stay close to friends. Life sucks without them.
Five personally significant events of 2009:: (1) My wedding! (2) Adding on a new last name (3) College graduation (4) Being more social (5) Learning to drive a manual car
Five things I want to do in 2010:: (1) Lose 40 lbs (2) Find a solid job (3) Eliminate most [if not all] debt (4) Write more (5) Get a puppy
Five things I don’t want to do in 2010:: (1) Get pregnant (2) Give birth (3) Be unemployed (4) Acquire more debt (5) Have more family drama [not really in my control though]
Five things I love beyond all reason currently:: (1) My husband (2) My sister (3) iPhone (4) Celebrity gossip (5) New abundance of quality time with friends
Five things I don’t like with good reason currently:: (1) Family drama (2) Local news (3) High rent (4) Cleaning the stove (5) Being bored at work
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? I went on a vacation with a boy & I learned to drive stick!
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I usually don’t make resolutions because I’m bad at sticking with things
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope
4. Did anyone close to you die? Nope
5. Travel? Husband & I went to St. Croix, VI
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Feeling good about myself
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? January 10, 2009 – our wedding!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Graduating college
9. What was your biggest failure? Gaining so much weight
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nope
11. What was the best thing you bought? An iPhone
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Mine. I think I did an excellent job of learning to be a wifey this year.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Most people’s
14. Where did most of your money go? Our wedding & rent
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The wedding (duh)
16. What songs will always remind you of 2009? “At Last” – Jamie’s version
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier – I was really stressed about wedding things last year
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter :-/
iii. richer or poorer? Richer probably
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Work out & read
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Eat & solely play WoW
20. How will you be spending New Years? Spent it with friends :-D
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? No, I was already in love.
22. What was the best book you read? old Michael Crichton novels and The Wideacre Trilogy by Phillipa Gregory
23. What was your greatest musical discovery? Lady GaGa – ha!
24. What did you want and get? an iPhone
25. What did you want and not get? a puppy
26. What was your favorite film of this year? not sure I saw anything worth remembering
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 23. It was my golden birthday and was supposed to be wonderful but family drama got in the way.
28. What one thing made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having someone to share in the best & worst part with me.
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Sweat pants.
30. What kept you sane? Good friends to hang out with and my supportive husband.
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Steve Carrell – I discovered & fell in love with The Office!
32. What political issue stirred you the most? Obama’s socialism
33. Who did you miss? I missed an old high school friend that I don’t get to see much anymore
34. Who was the best new person you met? Didn’t meet anyone new, but I got closer to Ms. Brittney & I’d have to say that was pretty wonderful
35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
Through the good or lean years
And for all the in between years – come what way
Who knows where the road will lead us
Only a fool would say
But if you’ll let me love you
It’s for sure I’m gonna love you – all the way, all the way